Monday, March 26, 2018

Post #10

Reading Response
(My Reading) To believe, or not to believe.. Are aliens real? Is the scientific question of the day. This has been, for as long as I can remember one of my favorite topics. I have believed in aliens since I was a young girl.. from ScoobyDoo movies to my alien-themed 8th birthday party. No joke! I think the idea of believing really brings back those childlike memories.. like believing in Santa. I’m definitely a self proclaimed dreamer, so thinking of these other beings is definitely other worldly. The idea of something else thriving out there on another planet in space, or in another galaxy is pretty magical. There are so many galaxies out there, and so much space that is still unknown.. it’s kind of hard not to believe in something.
One of my favorite shows is Ancient Aliens on the History Channel. I’m really into history, so mixing that with extraterrestrial existence is transcending. There are so many potential theories as to why aliens could exist. Even looking back at art in the past. There are signs of ‘unknown’ in art all throughout history. There is also the potential that some crazy person, or maybe just a dreamer came up with these ideas in history’s past.. but I as a dreamer, would like to believe that their existence is real.



Inspiration
https://www.artinamericamagazine.com/news-features/news/a-quest-for-beauty-tiffanys-mosaics-at-the-corning-museum-of-glass/#slideshow_17715.3

http://www.artnews.com/2018/03/16/one-infinity-not-enough-broad-museum-acquires-second-yayoi-kusama-infinity-mirror-room/

http://www.pbs.org/art21/episodes/season-7-2014/legacy/

https://hyperallergic.com/434178/cy-twombly-in-beauty-it-is-finished-drawings-1951-2008-gagosian-gallery/



My Work
Acrylic. 11x14

Acrylic. 14x20

Acrylic. 14x20

Acrylic. 2x3ft.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post #12

Reading Response  (Art and Fear) 1. What work have you made that seems most yours? Why? Throughout this semester I have made quite a lot o...